I don’t know about you, but I had a better kind of week this week. It’s getting warm (and humid, but let’s not talk about what that’s doing to our hair). Childish Gambino dropped an incredible new song and video. We had an election. And this weekend is Mother’s Day. All told, pretty good. Pretty good.
- I’m with this article’s author. I’ve been walking my way towards this for the past few years, I think. For a long time, I lived a live of guilt and anxiety, and I wonder how much it had to do with all the shoulds and shouldn’ts and ascribing morality to choices that are inherently amoral. It’s freeing to stop beating myself up for choices or trying to pick the exactly right choice that won’t destroy my life.
- Here’s what science says about being happy. 10 simple steps, here we go!
- How often do you entertain? I am bad about it because I stress about cat hair. And because I don’t want to wear anything but sweatpants. But having people over is like going out, except you’re on your own couch. Win-win.
- To be honest, I am here for this new Instagram trend. And found a couple of great accounts to follow. Who doesn’t need some great still-lifes in their feed? Freshen it up.
- Do yourself a favor and listen to this mini-series on Utopia. I’m on part 2, and… I don’t know. I’ve always been intrigued by intentional community because something about it just resonates in me.
Happy weekend, and Happy Mother’s Day, and Happy Spring!!
Happy Friday! What has your week held, friends? Mine has had snow, it’s had sun, it’s had naps, tears, and friends over for dinner! High highs and low lows, that’s where I’ve been.
Here’s my way of saying… We’ve almost made it. Let’s hold on until 5 o’clock…or so.
- I think no one had to teach us to compare ourselves. We do it to fit it. We do it to survive. We do it to torture ourselves a little. Let’s stop, huh?
- Do you have kids? Does the idea of a chubby baby make you want to run away in terror? I’m becoming a first-time aunt any time now, and I’m so excited. Personally, I love a baby and would love to become a mother, but I’m single and near-30, and the idea of going it alone doesn’t sound too appealing to me. I’m just adding my word-vomit to this reflection. What say you? Yay or nay to reproduction?
- I just picked up on this podcast, though it’s been running for 3 years. And this month, their book came out! Mine came Wednesday and I’m wading in. I love all the practicality and encouragement and I’m SO thankful to be in a time where there are so many resources from those who have gone before us. Makes starting out a little less unknown, a little less scary.
- I mean, I know my problems are not everyone’s problems. But my already blonde and thin eyebrows are perpetually thinning (is this a fun part of growing up no one ever told me? Why do I keep getting stray, wiry whiskers on my chin? I digress…) Anyways, if you’re with me and don’t wanna pay so much money for expensive potions to make your brows grow, here’s a DIY (spoiler: IT’S JUST CASTOR OIL. WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!)
- My problem with “effortless cool” is it ends up being “unattainably too hard” for me. Maybe I’m not cool in the way I’m supposed to be. I love French-inspired spaces, though. What I wouldn’t give… (ps. Wouldn’t give my cats away. Dealbreaker right there.)
Hope these help get you through. Happy weekend, all!