Not sure how everyone else is feeling this week, as I’ve felt a bit disconnected and withdrawn. I’ve been running so hard recently that this crash of a week was bound to happen. I’m taking Friday off this week– my first WHOLE DAY OFF in quite a while. But sometimes, you gotta… Listen to your hearts, ya’ll.
- I’ve been on #TeamLiveAlone for 6 years now. I’ve learned these lessons and so many more.
- Busy busy busy? You may be avoiding something. What could it be…? Take a minute, read this article, then think about it– what are you avoiding?
- Oh Dear Drea is the blog I’ve followed the longest, since back before I really understood what a blog was. I’ve enjoyed watching her life change and her kid grow, even if they really are all strangers. In this post, she had some good musings about travel and not having to love every spot you visit.
- Do you have trouble saving money? What are your techniques for improvement? Personally, I have an app that functions as a basic ledger (checkbook) and I keep things in “accounts.” While this money is all actually in the same account, I can move things around on my app (and in my head) and into specific things I’m saving for or emergency funds. It’s like I’m hiding money from myself, which honestly– I sometimes need.
- If you live in Indy, do yourself a favor and swing by Shapiro’s Deli this weekend. Every time I go, it’s like rediscovering a hidden gem. It’s like I forget how great it is every time– until I walk in again. Dear Shapiro’s, I promise to stop forgetting how wonderful you are.
Ironic that I talked about how busy I’ve been, but then posted a link on how busy isn’t all that great? To be honest, I’ve never been a busy bee. I love taking it easy and having days off. It’s just this transition time, which I’ve talked about before. I’m working hard with a foot in both worlds right now, trying to make my dreams work by moving forward (while finishing up the old stuff). Two more weeks and I’m done at the office. I’m ready, I think. But still very freaked out.