The long-awaited last week of employment– here we are! I am officially (as of Friday) not really employed anywhere– eep!
This week, I’ve taken it easy, got to hang out with my baby niece all day Tuesday (#auntielife), got a massage, and generally freaked out just slightly.
- The Parent Trap (circa 1998) was easily in my top five movies as a kid. The fashion holds up today. (Abbi, what were your top five? Well, if you insist… Probably ANYTHING Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen, Milo & Otis, Chicken Run, The Parent Trap, and the Princess Bride)
- What do you unnecessarily spend money on? Mine is on food– or, going out for food. I hate cooking at home, or at least tell myself I do, mostly because I wait until I’m “too tired or hungry” to wade through a recipe, so I order out (Grubhub is both my best friend and my arch enemy). Anyways, I’m eyeing unneeded expenses and hoping to cut down. Wish me luck!
- By now, everyone knows Humans of New York– I still wanted to share this story. The power of SSRIs, social media, and friendship.
- I’ve spoken recently about my anxiety and the habit of rehearsing. This article gives some good tips for “over-thinking” which is kind of the same thing? Anyways, I’ve kept a few pages in my BuJo for gratitude and that has helped a lot (tip 6), but the biggest thing for me is to recognize the pattern and step out of it.
- Take small, determined steps to get yourself in a better headspace— start with making the decision, then go from there.
Happy Friday! I’m headed north for a long weekend– to spend with friends in celebration of birthdays and my freedom!!