This week was slower paced. I had every single evening free– and really didn’t know what to do with myself! I painted for a friend (trim and doors), I planted all of the plants I’d been gifted by my mom and aunt, I napped. It was… nice.
- I love this article about parenting in France. Really, I have no idea what parenting is like here in the US, but this is just really intriguing to me.
- Melancholy is my jam— I think, like this author, I feel happiest when I’m just a bit blue. And, reiterating what she says– not in the way I feel when I’m in a depression slump, but just a nice, casual blue day. It’s lovely and cozy and I think helps me access some of my heavier emotions without getting too bogged down. Give me a rainy day, any day.
- Take a break before the breakdown— I did this last weekend. Even though I probably could have gotten a few more massage appointments in last Friday, I instead scheduled an entire day off for myself– and did NOTHING. It was exactly what I needed, and lent itself to a slower-paced weekend which, in turn, helped me gear up for a few more weeks of madness.
- Hola, Tres Leches! Gracias, Joy the Baker!
- Another food one. Because nothing says summer like caprese salad!!
This weekend is a whole different pace than the week was– my office took home Office of the Year (for the fifth time in a row?) so we’re celebrating tonight, complete with a stay at a charming BnB and brunch Saturday morning! I think I’ve been prepping for it all week, ready to go hard!
Happy Friday, all!