What a hot, sticky week! This week, I celebrated Independence Day inside in air conditioning, picked at a leftover stars and stripes cake, and ate Hotbox Pizza to my heart’s content. What I’m saying is– I’ve been living my best life.
- I have definitely used this recipe for pesto because I don’t have a food processor and I wanted to know if it was possible (answer: duh, we’ve been doing this for a long time). Also, just like my mama, I made lots of substitutions. Lesson learned: do you. Chop like crazy. Cooking has been around for longer than kitchen gadgets and “must haves.”
- Mac and Cheese is my go-to comfort food. And now there’s a scientific reason why!
- This is probably my favorite thing I’ve read all week– a listing of first dates. Don’t read if you’re squeemish about dating and/or human sexuality. I’d love to make a list like this someday, but I think my first date stories are just boring. Not terrible, just really, really dull.
- What other people don’t get about living in America
- American Life, experienced in a variety of ways. I love hearing stories, it makes me feel so connected to others. I’m thankful for those brave enough to share their “outside the norm” life.
Here’s to rain and a slightly less-hot weekend! I have plants to plant, sunshine to enjoy, and a deep desire to not melt in the heat!