After last week’s craziness, this week’s slower pace was a welcome respite. We got some rain, the temps fell (o, happy day!), and we celebrated the beginning of summer and World Yoga Day.
- New life goal: buy this house, decorate appropriately, run a Hogwarts-themed B&B.
- All of a sudden, articles about parenting— which once felt “not for me”– are very intriguing. And scary. How do people do this parenting thing? How do you raise a human person? And people– put that phone down occasionally!
- More on children– but these are being separated from their parents. Yes, you know what I’m talking about. But this is a good explanation of what’s been going on, and how to help.
- This is a bit of good news, locally. Our governor just took $25 million from our state’s surplus to improve DCS. Hallelujah.
- Lastly, here’s a piece about Johnny Depp. Remember middle school, when he was Captain Jack Sparrow and handsome and charming? Apparently that lifestyle doesn’t hold and this just gets a bit sad, really.
Oof. This list tipped heavy. It’s been a heavy week, again. I’ve got the weekend with family up north, and I’m excited to get away, out of my headspace, and breathe a little. It’s a bit of sticking my head in the sand, but you know? Sometimes you have to, knowing others will carry on, and when you’re strong enough again, you rejoin the fight and let someone else take a breather.
Breathe. Love. Fight.