- Who was your ideal you? I could tell you… I wanted to be married by 20, have babies, be a writer– but let me say, I actually like where it turns out my life is right now. And though there are a few things I’m working on changing, I’ve mostly gotten over my “where I thought I would be” girl.
- I am also embracing the journey of more happiness and less money. I’m on my way to quitting my office job and giving my energy to things I really care about– massage therapy, my niece, writing. I don’t know how things will fall into place yet, financially. But I’m so thankful I’m able to pour my energy into my dreams instead of someone else’s. It feels free.
- Do you get bored? I definitely do, and sometimes I even seek it out– in doodling, coloring, just listening to music. Even sometimes just sitting and breathing. It’s kind of amazing the places your mind will go if you stop filling it with “interesting things.” I especially love the Aldous Huxley quote in that post–
“Your true traveller finds boredom rather agreeable than painful. It is the symbol of his liberty – his excessive freedom. He accepts his boredom, when it comes, not merely philosophically, but almost with pleasure.”
- If you had 3 days to do whatever you wanted, what would you do? I would sleep for two days and then get SO MUCH DONE AND FEEL GREAT the third day. How do I know? This is my regular day off schedule…
- Night Watch is PPG’s 2019 Color of the Year. It’s no PANTONE COLOR OF THE YEAR, but I really enjoy this great green shade. Also, I have this vision of painting my front door– but not just once. I want an ever-rotating colorful door. Why not? It’ll take maybe 10-20 minutes each time, and maybe I should only do it once or twice a year. But how fun would it be to be the house with the colorful (and changing) door?! YES. Anyways, this color may be on the list.
Happy Friday, all. Hope your weekend is more restful than mine– I’ve got a lot planned, including a baby shower for my new niece. I’m hosting and I’m not quite ready yet…