This week has been lazy and hazy. I’ve welcomed the slow pace, though I may have had more things to do than actually got done. Like mowing my yard, for instance…
- May is Foster Care Awareness Month. I know we’re at the end of the month, but it’s never to late to put a bug in someone’s ear. Anyways, this is a topic that is near and dear to my heart (Spoiler Alert: stay tuned in the next year for some brand new adventures…)
- I want these earrings. I just do. Because they’re pretty, and massage, and hands and stuff. I don’t know. They’re beautiful and I love them. Also follow her on instagram.
- I’m turning 30 on Monday, and Katie puts into words everything that I’m feeling— especially since I’m also leaving my stable, office job.
- I’m currently reading Young Jane Young by Gabrielle Zevin. It’s been sitting in my to-read pile since November– I know this because that’s the date on the receipt printed out by my library. Why they’ve let me renew it so many times, I don’t know. And why I’ve waited until now to pick it up, I also don’t know. I’m probably a third of the way through and I LOVE IT. Definitely the right temperature for this political climate…
- So here’s another lifestyle– the formula would be hygge-Swedish+Austrian+quality time= gemütlichkeit. I can’t actually say that word, but it’s a lovely concept and, of course, is exactly right. There’s cozy by yourself (great) and then there’s cozy with friends (even better!). I plan on having some of this on this long weekend.
Well, that’s all from me! This weekend is the last in my 20s– where has time gone?! I don’t know, but I’m starting to feel ready for my 30s. Maybe ready for more certainty, maybe ready for more adventures. It’s gonna be good.