I don’t know about you, but I had a better kind of week this week. It’s getting warm (and humid, but let’s not talk about what that’s doing to our hair). Childish Gambino dropped an incredible new song and video. We had an election. And this weekend is Mother’s Day. All told, pretty good. Pretty good.
- I’m with this article’s author. I’ve been walking my way towards this for the past few years, I think. For a long time, I lived a live of guilt and anxiety, and I wonder how much it had to do with all the shoulds and shouldn’ts and ascribing morality to choices that are inherently amoral. It’s freeing to stop beating myself up for choices or trying to pick the exactly right choice that won’t destroy my life.
- Here’s what science says about being happy. 10 simple steps, here we go!
- How often do you entertain? I am bad about it because I stress about cat hair. And because I don’t want to wear anything but sweatpants. But having people over is like going out, except you’re on your own couch. Win-win.
- To be honest, I am here for this new Instagram trend. And found a couple of great accounts to follow. Who doesn’t need some great still-lifes in their feed? Freshen it up.
- Do yourself a favor and listen to this mini-series on Utopia. I’m on part 2, and… I don’t know. I’ve always been intrigued by intentional community because something about it just resonates in me.
Happy weekend, and Happy Mother’s Day, and Happy Spring!!