Happy Friday! What has your week held, friends? Mine has had snow, it’s had sun, it’s had naps, tears, and friends over for dinner! High highs and low lows, that’s where I’ve been.
Here’s my way of saying… We’ve almost made it. Let’s hold on until 5 o’clock…or so.
- I think no one had to teach us to compare ourselves. We do it to fit it. We do it to survive. We do it to torture ourselves a little. Let’s stop, huh?
- Do you have kids? Does the idea of a chubby baby make you want to run away in terror? I’m becoming a first-time aunt any time now, and I’m so excited. Personally, I love a baby and would love to become a mother, but I’m single and near-30, and the idea of going it alone doesn’t sound too appealing to me. I’m just adding my word-vomit to this reflection. What say you? Yay or nay to reproduction?
- I just picked up on this podcast, though it’s been running for 3 years. And this month, their book came out! Mine came Wednesday and I’m wading in. I love all the practicality and encouragement and I’m SO thankful to be in a time where there are so many resources from those who have gone before us. Makes starting out a little less unknown, a little less scary.
- I mean, I know my problems are not everyone’s problems. But my already blonde and thin eyebrows are perpetually thinning (is this a fun part of growing up no one ever told me? Why do I keep getting stray, wiry whiskers on my chin? I digress…) Anyways, if you’re with me and don’t wanna pay so much money for expensive potions to make your brows grow, here’s a DIY (spoiler: IT’S JUST CASTOR OIL. WHERE HAS THIS BEEN ALL MY LIFE?!)
- My problem with “effortless cool” is it ends up being “unattainably too hard” for me. Maybe I’m not cool in the way I’m supposed to be. I love French-inspired spaces, though. What I wouldn’t give… (ps. Wouldn’t give my cats away. Dealbreaker right there.)
Hope these help get you through. Happy weekend, all!